The Robbinsville Green Team Advisory Committee is an appointed board and is composed of a versatile mix of township employees, school representatives, health professionals and residents dedicated to building a sustainable community in Robbinsville Township. The current 13-member committee is appointed for one year terms by the Mayor expiring on December 31, 2016. The RGT works to educate the public for the purpose of achieving lasting environmental change in Robbinsville.
The Robbinsville Green Team Advisory Committee will meet quarterly in 2016 on the following dates: April 4, July 11 and October 3.
The Robbinsville Green Team Advisory Committee meets quarterly.
Time: 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Location: 2nd Floor Administrative Conference Room, Robbinsville Township Municipal Building, 1 Washington Boulevard, Robbinsville NJ 08691.
The Robbinsville Green Team Advisory Committee was established via Resolution No. 2015-226 adopted by Township Council on August 27, 2015 under the auspices of the Robbinsville Environmental Commission, which is co-chaired by Kimberly Paris and Neil Blitz. Robbinsville Green Team Advisory Committee efforts led to the achievement of Bronze Certification by Sustainable Jersey in 2015.
The Robbinsville Green Team Advisory Committee envisions a Robbinsville Township that incorporates sustainability into the actions and decision-making processes of community members, the school district and all municipal offices. With its mantra of Purge (The Pollution), Protect (What is Clean) and Prevent (Further Pollution Through Education), Robbinsville recognizes the need to shape the landscape, the air we breathe, the food we eat, and the water we drink in a way that protects the integrity of the natural environment. That means shifting away from polluting and wasteful practices and embraces clean energy and renewable resources. It means rising to the challenge of reducing greenhouse gas emissions and curbing climate change. It means understands that natural, cultural, historical and human resources all work in concert. A sustainable Robbinsville will lead by example and monitor its results in the hopes of educating its citizenry and making a substantial difference on our local environment.
In order to achieve our vision, the Robbinsville Green Team Advisory Committee pledges to lead the effort to empower the community and create paths to a more sustainable future through education, cooperation and action. It further aims to improve the quality of life in Robbinsville and its surrounding communities for this and future generations to come.
- Establish a “Creative Team” to develop new projects and sustainable initiatives
- Host annual “Green Fair” to spread the Green Team message to “Purge, Protect & Prevent”
- Build a network of volunteers based on Robbinsville’s neighborhood associations and environmentally conscious business leaders
- Strengthen our alliance with groups such as the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America, which each has a storied history of developing and executing sustainable projects in our community
- Expand recycling programs at Robbinsville’s three schools
- Develop a “Companion Animal Pledge” with the assistance of the Robbinsville Police Department
- Develop lead-safe training program with the assistance of the Township Health Department
- Establish a more visible Green Team presence at our local farm-to-table Farmers’ Market from June through October each season