West Windsor Team accepting ANJEC award for CAP
by Mike Hornsby
The West Windsor Environmental Commission will hold a public meeting to present the Township’s draft Climate Action Plan (CAP) and to seek a dialogue with the community. The meeting will be held in Room A at the West Windsor Municipal Building, 271 Clarksville Road, West Windsor, on Monday November 2 at 7 PM.
- Summarizes the science of climate change and the risks climate change imposes on us.
- Provides an estimate of the quantity of greenhouse gas emissions (our carbon footprint) within the Township, due to both municipal government operations and the community sources at large.
- Establishes a greenhouse gas emission reduction goal equal to the State of New Jersey’s Global Warming Response Act
- Proposes a plan of action to achieve greenhouse reduction goals
- Initiates a discussion on how we should plan for and adapt to climate change.
On October 9, the West Windsor Environmental Commission was awarded an Environmental Leadership Award for the CAP by the Association of New Jersey Environmental Commissions (ANJEC) at their annual Environmental Congress. ANJEC cited the educational value of the CAP, in informing the public of the climate issue.
The Draft Climate Action Plan, executive summary, presentation and a link to submit comments is available on the Township’s website: