The New Jersey Clean Energy Program (NJCEP), operated by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (NJBPU) should be your first stop.
NJCEP provides incentives and rebates for residents and businesses to install energy efficient equipment, which may cost a little more. The NJCEP incentive offsets a portion of this high cost to make the purchase and use of the EE equipment more cost effective. Our 6 favorite programs are listed below, but you can visit https://njcleanenergy.com/residential/home/home to learn even more.
- Charge Up New Jersey provides up to $5,000 toward the purchase of a new Electric Vehicle (EV). An EV will save you approximately $1,100/year in fuel cost and avoid 15,800 pounds of CO2 per year. https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com
- Energy Star Appliance Rebates provide $15 to $300 for rebates for washers, dryers, refrigerators, air purifiers, dehumidifiers, room air conditioners https://njcleanenergy.com/residential/programs/energy-star-product-rebates/new-jersey-energy-star-product-rebates
- EE Lighting provides instant rebates at the cash register on Energy Star LEDs. To find a store near you click Find a Store Near You
- Home Performance with Energy Star (HPwES) is a whole building EE approach. Rebates for the work you choose to do are up to $4,000. HPwES can save up to 30% on your electric and natural gas bill. https://njcleanenergy.com/residential/programs/home-performance-energy-star/home-performance-energy-star-r
- EE Cool Advantage provides $300 to $2,000 for EE air conditioning equipment https://njcleanenergy.com/cool
- EE Warm Advantage provides $250 to $2,000 for EE heating equipment https://njcleanenergy.com/residential/programs/warmadvantage